Saturday 25 August 2012

What I didn't see this summer


It has been a while since I have posted anything, partly as I have been on holiday and partly as I have not had any, shall we say, dance related experiences.

I did not go and see ‘Cross Connection Ballet’, which showcases winners of the Copenhagen International Choreography Competition (CICC), partly as, I confess I forgot as it was just after one of my summer trips and partly as the last time I went it was a very disappointing evening.  Judging by the review I read, I don’t think I missed much.

I also missed ‘CPH summer dance’, the open air dance performance at the main police station’s courtyard.  Although Dansk Danseteater were one of the companies performing, the weather is always so uncertain, so I just didn’t go (though in fact the weather was good most of the time).  I’ll be honest and say the programme did not look that exciting in any case, and would rather wait and see the full length pieces later on.

Also bypassed was the street dance festival, and although I have bought a ticket for Alvin Ailey next month (in the dreadful venue of Tivoli), I now cannot go (reasons to follow!).  So…quite a few dance empty weeks.

However, I did catch this delightful gem when browsing some old comedy programmes.  From 1993, it features a young Darcey Bussell as well as Anthony Dowell in a French and Saunders sketch.  It lasts about 15 minutes but worth watching.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment