Sunday 17 June 2012

The Good, The Bad and…..The Unknown


On Friday, I got around to booking tickets for Thomas Lund’s ‘farewell’ performance in September.  I have mentioned before that he is one of my favourite dancers with The Royal Danish Ballet.  He has a grace and elegance that fits so well with the Bournonville tradition of the company. 

So, the ‘good’ is that I managed to get tickets.  They went on sale to non season ticket holders on Thursday, and by Friday there were only a few seats left.  Another ‘good’ is that he will dance Jamie in ‘La Sylphide’, surely his signature piece.




The first ‘bad’ is that because I was a day late in booking tickets, I have not got particularly good seats.  Pity, but it will still be worth it I hope.  The other ‘bad’ is the other piece is Flemming Flindt’s ‘The Lesson’, which I really don’t like.  As well as being dated (at least I though so the last time I saw it a few year ago), it is such a dismal piece. Based on the Ionesco play, it tells the tale of a psychopathic dance teacher who abuses and kills his pupils.  Cheery stuff I am sure you agree!

And to the question mark – or rather marks.  The first question is – will the queen be there?  She often goes in a personal capacity, and with this being a special event, could well turn up.  I think I have attended performance ‘with’ her around 8 or 9 times.  Second, and more important, who is going to come with me?  I bought two tickets but have yet to ask anyone to come with me.  So, if you are in Copenhagen on 29th September and have 470 kr to spare, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment