Monday 14 November 2011

Blog No 1

Well, I have been meaning to do this for a while, write a blog about dance, dancing and maybe even dancers.  I saw my first live dance when I was 3 or 4 or so.  To be honest, I am not sure which of two I saw first, but both made a lasting impact on me.  One was a visit to Glasgow by the then Polish national dance troupe.  Apparently, I slept all the way there on the train, sat transfixed throughout the performance, hardly moving, and then slept all the way home again to Edinburgh.  I can still remember the whirling skirts and bright colours, viewed from sitting in the balcony.  The other was 'Nutcracker', this time viewed from the stalls.  My mother said she had never seen a child sit so still...

Anyway, there will be more memories along the way I am sure!  In the meantime, the next blog will be about the film 'Pina'.

No comments:

Post a Comment